Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nap time

      It's nap time, people. My kid naps about 3 hours a DAY. Every day. No joke. He's 4. It's awesome. And it's boring. For three hours a day, mid-day, I hang out in my house, by myself. Ho-hum. It's lovely, because for 3 hours I get some me time. I can sleep, watch TV, do house work, waste time on the computer, work in my studio, write, whatever. Mostly, I waste time on the computer. Probably because it's a lonely job and I want to see what you're up to. I am not up to much. I just ordered some sunglasses off a website. After my $5 coupon was applied for subscribing to their mailing list and the $7 shipping fee, they came to $11. I saw them in a photograph on a pretty blond, young woman and they looked so great. They may be ridiculous on me and in that case, I will give them to you. They are red and big.
      I also stumbled onto a friend's blog which I decided I should follow. So I clicked on something called bloglove to follow it and it made me come up with 5 blogs to follow. I think I wasted at least 30 minutes trying to find 4 other blogs to add.
      I made a cup of tea that is probably cold by now. It's all the way over there. I checked Facebook 20 times. I checked Gmail 10 times. I ate a bowl of blueberry chia seed pudding, a gummi vitamin and 4 prunes. I have no good junk food. If I did, I would have eaten it all already. Junk food can't live here. It lives in my mouth if it gets anywhere near me.
      You'd think with 3 hours a day, at home, to yourself, you could learn to play guitar or learn to speak french or finish that novel you started 4 years ago. Maybe you could. Maybe even I could. But I have not. When he goes to sleep, I am too tired. I am too drained. I want to sleep but if I sleep, I will miss my 3 hours of quiet. It will be over too fast. I have in the past started and completed big projects. Like painting rooms or the foundation of the house, sewing slip covers and quilts, painting paintings, baking cakes, all kinds of stuff.  I should give myself a little credit. Some days I am very productive.
      But today is a lazy day. It is supposed to be warm but it feels cool. My feet are cold. It's cloudy and wet outside. It is a good day to curl up on the couch and watch TV. But there is nothing to watch.
     Am I boring you? I am boring me. I told you, it's boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment